We have completed both a community survey and SWOT analysis and the results are in. Some surprising and some exactly what you may have expected. We are ready to tackle the challenges that breastfeeding families in south MS are facing. We need volunteers to get these projects moving forward.
50% of mothers said there maternity care provider did NOT talk to them about breastfeeding during pregnancy.
More mothers felt supported in breastfeeding by a facebook group than by the nurses at the hospital where they gave birth.
Most mothers are not aware of all the resources (some no cost) available to help them overcome breastfeeding challenges.
86% of mothers felt that local businesses were not supportive of breastfeeding.
WE CAN CHANGE THIS!
We can help more mothers feel supported during breastfeeding and improve the health of south MS mothers and children.
Which Project can you help with? Hit reply and sign up to help out.
1. Public Awareness Advertising Campaign to improve community level support of breastfeeding.
2. Breastfeeding wall art for pediatrician offices
3. Provide window stickers for "breastfeeding Friendly" Businesses
4. Award for Breastfeeding Friendly Business of the Year
5. Collaborate on breastfeeding policy for students
6. Relationship building with healthcare professionals.
See you at the next quarterly meeting - EVERYONE that cares about breastfeeding is encouraged to attend.
May 6th at 12:30p via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 840 5390 1523
Facebook Event Here
Can't wait to see you on Zoom,
Bianca Wooden, IBCLC